- Match the adjectives below to their opposite
- Match the adjectives in A below to the adjectives in B
Example: middle-aged is closest in meaning to old/young
A B A
Chubby tall slim
Muscular weak of medium height
Well-built generous attractive
Petite thin gorgeous
Which of the words above have a negative, critical meaning?
Which of the words in A can be can be used to describe the people
a. a man b. a woman
c. a person over 50 d. a person over 70
e. a bodybuilder f. a supermodel
- Put the adverbs in order from the weakest to the strongest.
- Match the parts of the face with the list of adjectives that can be used to describe them.
Ears Nose Eyes Lips
Big snub pointed
Thin full sexy
Big bright blue
Big cauliflower sticky-out
5. The teacher will give the students a text with a brief description of a character from Great Expectations.
They have to describe a character and his/her story following the model given by the teacher. They will work in small groups, each student will look for specific information about the character. Then, they will decide how they are going to present their work together. The class will vote on the most interesting description
The description has to be brief, 150 words approximately. Then the teacher will collect them and add to a book of characters of Mystery and Imagination created with the work of everybody.