Level: 1st year
N. of students : 20
Evaluation: 3rd term
Unit of Work: Is that your Phone?
Timing: 5 sessions.
Material: OHP, CD player, blackboard, photocopies,computers,…
FINAL TASK : Group discussion abour the correctness of SMS language
PUPILS’ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE:Reported Speech, vocabulary related tonew technologies, descriptions,…
· Use comprehension strategies that allow the inference of unknown meaning through context
· Understand and interpret critically oral, written and visual texts.
· Speak about habitual and transitory actions.
· Learn about English speaking countries
· Reflect on the function of language in communication in order to improve their own productions.
· Form and uses of Reported Speech
· Comprehensive listening of messages emitted by speakers with different accents.The students will hear a tape of native speakers from different parts of Britain.
· Obtain global and specific information in oral and written texts
· Oral interaction with others.
· Prepare a discussion in groups in a coherent and cohesive way
Obtain global and specific information in oral and written texts.
· Take part in group works and discussions
· Use the foreign language
LANGUAGE AND LANGUAGE AWARENESS
A. FUNCTIONS AND GRAMMAR
· Reported Speech
· Expressing certainty and possibility must, can’t, could, might, should have + participle
· Modals should/ ought to/ needn’t
· Mobile phones and SMS language
· Technological adjectives
Identification of habits and aspects of everyday life in other countries
Civic and Moral Education
Students will deal with life in other countries and will be able to compare with respect and tolerance
Technology and History
ATTENTION TO DIVERSITY
· Graded and guided exercises.
· Paying attention to slow learners
· Communicative Game
· Final Task
Teacher’s Observation Notebook
Test and final task.
Final-Task evaluation sheet
q Class management.
q Teaching methods.
q Interaction between children.
q Interaction between class and the teacher.
q Involvement of the individual learner.
OBSERVATION AND ANALYSIS:
· Were children absorbed in the activities?
· Did class management work effectively?
· Were my aims achieved?
· What aspects were most successful?
· How can I reinforce their learning?
· Has any other extra activity been performed? Was it successful?