Level: 1st year
N. of students : 20
Evaluation: 1st term
Unit of Work: Is this love?
Timing: 5/6 sessions
Material: OHP, CD player, video/DVD set, blackboard, photocopies,…
FINAL TASK : Role play modern version of Romeo and Juliet/ writing a Lonely Hearts advertisement
PUPILS’ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: Shakespeare and the Renaissance, vocabulary related to clothes, love, relationships, …
· Understand and interpret critically oral, written and visual texts.
· Read general texts or adequated to their interests without a dictionary
· Read the book over a period of a term and work on comprehension exercises and learn vocabulary
· Develop the appreciation of English literature
· Learn about Shakespeare and his time
· Analyse the relation between cinema and literature
· Inference of information not previously known in texts
· Understanding the intention of the writer when interpreting written information, as well as implicit messages
· Obtain global and specific information in oral and written texts.
· Oral interaction with others
· Prepare a discussion in groups in a coherent and cohesive way.
· To make use of comm strategies: asking for clarification, confirming understanding,…
· Inferring the meaning of unfamiliar lexical items through understanding contextual clues
LANGUAGE AND LANGUAGE AWARENESS
A. FUNCTIONS AND GRAMMAR
· Describing physical appereance and objects
· Expressing actions in the past
· Question connectors
· Giving opinions about family relationships
· Related to the areas dealt with in the class (clothes, theatre, adjectives of personality and physical description)
· Words related to the topic of clothes, love and relationships
Recognising implicit socio-cultural aspects in texts related to the time when the novel was written: customs, traditions, celebrations…
Education for Peace
Moral and Civic Education
· Respect other’s opinions. Foster relationships among people with differnet opinions in order to avoid violence
· Use litearture as a tool to show respect for other cultures
Spanish Language and Literature, History and Geography
ATTENTION TO DIVERSITY
Reinforcement: Those weaker students will be given graded exercises and dialogues adapted to their level of knowledge
Amplification: Write a report about the two lovers’ death or a happy end
Teacher’s Observation Notebook
Final Task evaluation sheet
q Class management.
q Teaching methods.
q Interaction between children.
q Interaction between class and the teacher.
q Involvement of the individual learner.
OBSERVATION AND ANALYSIS:
· Were children absorbed in the activities?
· Did class management work effectively?
· Were my aims achieved?
· What aspects were most successful?
· How can I reinforce their learning?
· Has any other extra activity been performed? Was it successful?