Level: 1st year
N. of students : 20
Evaluation: 3rd term
Unit of Work: It’s a Multicultural World
Timing: 5 sessions.
Material: OHP, CD player, blackboard, photocopies.
FINAL TASK : Write a composition describing a partner
PUPILS’ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: relative clauses, vocabulary related to immigration, descriptions,…
· Use comprehension strategies that allow the inference of unknown meaning through context
· Understand and interpret critically oral, written and visual texts.
· Speak about habitual and transitory actions. Learn about English speaking countries
· Reflect on the function of language in communication in order to improve their own productions. Relative clauses.
· Oral interaction with others
· Take part in group works and discussions
· Use the foreign language
LANGUAGE AND LANGUAGE AWARENESS
A. FUNCTIONS AND GRAMMAR
· Describe physical appereance
· Relative clauses, pronouns
· Modals should/ ought to/ needn’t
· Immigration and ethnicity
· Adjectives to describe people
Identification of habits and aspects of everyday life in other countries
Civic and Moral Education
Students will deal with life in other countries and will be able to compare with respect and tolerance
Geography and History, Spanish Language
ATTENTION TO DIVERSITY
· Graded and guided exercises.
· Paying attention to slow learners
· Communicative Game
· Final Task
Teacher’s Observation Notebook
Test and final task.
Task evaluation sheet
q Class management.
q Teaching methods.
q Interaction between children.
q Interaction between class and the teacher.
q Involvement of the individual learner.
OBSERVATION AND ANALYSIS:
· Were children absorbed in the activities?
· Did class management work effectively?
· Were my aims achieved?
· What aspects were most successful?
· How can I reinforce their learning?
· Has any other extra activity been performed? Was it successful?