Level:1st year Bachillerato
N. of students : 20
Unit of Work: Unit three: Looks Good on You!
Timing: 5 sessions.
Material: photocopies, cassette, computers, the Internet, OHP…
FINAL TASK: Write a biography about a person you know – a close friend or relative.
PUPILS’ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: voc related to relations, fashion, popular people ,pres perf and past perf …
AIMS of the unit
Reflect on the function of language in communication in order to improve their own productions.
Present and Past Perfect.
Speak about human relations.
Speak and write about popular people and those around them.
· Obtain global and specific information in oral and written texts.
· Oral interaction with others.
· Prepare a discussion in groups in a coherent and cohesive way.
· Write a biography using adverbs of degree and connectors
· Read and understand how we describe other people
· To make use of comm strategies: asking for clarification, confirming understanding,…
· Inferring the meaning of unfamiliar lexical items through understanding contextual clues
LANGUAGE AND LANGUAGE AWARENESS
A. FUNCTIONS AND GRAMMAR
· Describing physical appereance.
· Phrasal Verbs: get on, put up with,…
· Prepositions. Intensifiers.
· Time expressions.
· Present Perfect and Past Perfect
· Vocabulary related to physical appereance, personality and relationships, e.g. emotions and moods
· Rhythm and intonation.
· Weak forms.(aux. And prepositons)
– Identification of the English speaking countries’ models of beauty,
– Importance of paying attention to their own utterances.
– Development of a critical conscience that values adequately the information coming from the cultures of the foreign countries.
– Use of suitable lexis in different situations (greetings, farewells, …)
Moral and Civic Education
Education for equality of sexes
· Students will learn how humans relate to each other. (Session 3)
· Clothes, fashion, models, … (Sessionn 1)
ATTENTION TO DIVERSITY
· Graded and guided exercises.
· Paying attention to slow learners
· Research work for advanced students.
Criteria for looking good.
Teacher’s Observation Notebook.
Radio recording: Final Task.
q Class management.
q Teaching methods.
q Interaction between children.
q Interaction between class and the teacher.
q Involvement of the individual learner.
OBSERVATION AND ANALYSIS:
· Were children absorbed in the activities?
· Did class management work effectively?
· Were my aims achieved?
· What aspects were most successful?
· How can I reinforce their learning?
· Has any other extra activity been performed? Was it successful?